- RSS Channel Showcase 7465459
- RSS Channel Showcase 5612498
- RSS Channel Showcase 9637486
- RSS Channel Showcase 2634410
Articles on this Page
- 09/17/16--21:16: _MARTHA’S VINEYARD F...
- 10/18/16--21:24: _Fall Weekends on th...
- 12/03/16--16:24: _Our Family’s Winter...
- 12/11/16--19:36: _Kids Holiday Matine...
- 02/17/17--19:20: _FEBRUARY SCHOOL VAC...
- 02/26/17--22:58: _Artifact ballet by ...
- 03/26/17--07:04: _Kylián’s “Wings of ...
- 05/07/17--18:55: _SLEEPING BEAUTY AND...
- 05/24/17--20:33: _My “anti-yoga” Retr...
- 06/18/17--08:05: _Boston Weekend. Fat...
- 09/02/17--07:35: _Summer in the City:...
- 09/21/17--20:00: _Fall Weekends in Ne...
- 11/09/17--20:43: _Touring Shakespeare...
- 12/04/17--22:00: _Our Family’s Winter...
- 01/14/18--21:07: _The Year of Weekend...
- 03/17/18--11:50: _Parts In Suite And ...
- 04/01/18--16:29: _College Road Trips ...
- 05/25/18--20:28: _Choose Your Date An...
- 09/17/16--21:16: MARTHA’S VINEYARD FOR A DAY
- 10/18/16--21:24: Fall Weekends on the Cape
- 12/03/16--16:24: Our Family’s Winter Celebrations 2016 – In and Around Boston
- 12/11/16--19:36: Kids Holiday Matinee at the Boston Pops: What to Expect
- 03/26/17--07:04: Kylián’s “Wings of Wax”: Spring arrives on Boston Ballet’s stage
- 05/24/17--20:33: My “anti-yoga” Retreat at Kripalu
- 06/18/17--08:05: Boston Weekend. Father’s Day.
- 09/02/17--07:35: Summer in the City: An Evening in Boston Harbor
- 09/21/17--20:00: Fall Weekends in New England: 2017
- 11/09/17--20:43: Touring Shakespeare Theater – with Company!
- 12/04/17--22:00: Our Family’s Winter Celebrations 2017 – In and Around Boston
- 01/14/18--21:07: The Year of Weekends (2017 in Review)
- 04/01/18--16:29: College Road Trips with Family
- 05/25/18--20:28: Choose Your Date And Celebrate End Of Season At Boston Ballet
Those of you who visit our site often know my passion for day trips. Some may call it a cabin fever, but I call it an ADVENTURE THAT IS ALWAYS NEAR YOU. So it was only natural that we took a day trip to the island of Martha’s Vineyard during our recent stay in Hyannis on Cape […]
Thanks to a very dear family connection, we spend many summer weekends on Cape Cod enjoying its beautiful beaches. In the fall (with all the kids’ activities), we don’t get to visit as often, but we look forward to the opportunity to get off the beach chairs and follow our favorite biking path to the National […]
There is no snow on the ground in Boston yet (and I am not sure I am quite ready for it yet) – but there are plenty of ways to get your family into holiday spirit in Boston, starting this weekend! Here is our list: The Nutcracker at the Boston Ballet We have traditionally started […]
As a family, we try to take advantage of Boston’s world class cultural attractions every chance we get. Attending Boston Pops Orchestra’s Kids Holiday Matinee at the Symphony Hall seemed festively appropriate for December holidays, but we had no idea what to expect. This was the first time my daughter and I attended Boston Pops Holiday concert, […]
There is always plenty of family fun in and around Boston, but school vacation week adds special programming touches to our beloved institutions. HERE are some tried and true Boston’s February vacation week favorites with some bonus new ideas thrown into the mix! MONDAY: FAMILY FUN OUTDOORS Monday forecast promises an excellent day outdoors and […]
Last week Boston Ballet presented the Artifact 2017 by William Forsythe, one of the most influential choreographers of our time (in Boston Opera House through March 5). Many of us, weekenders, go to ballet performances to escape the routine and to be carried away to the far away lands of swans, princesses and eternal love, […]
On March 23, Boston Ballet celebrated the calendar arrival of Spring with a program of three contemporary mini-ballets featuring George Balanchine’s 1964 Donizetti Variations, Jiri Kylián’s 1997 Wings of Wax, and Alexander Ekman’s 2010 Cacti. While I am a big fan of classical story ballets, I am becoming more and more comfortable with interpreting contemporary choreography […]
In one of his post-performance talks (following a modern program last March), Boston Ballet’s artistic director Mikko Nissinen promised that the company would continue to embrace both traditional story ballets and the diverse works by the modern choreographers. This May, ballet lovers in Boston are being treated to two superb productions as diverse as ballet […]
In an ideal world, our everyday lives would be balanced and complete as they are. In reality, many of us could use a “therapeutic” weekend getaway now and then to recharge and keep on going. One of my favorite weekend recharge destinations is Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health in Stockbridge, Massachusetts (the Berkshires). Kripalu means different […]
While I never need a special reason to celebrate the weekend, calendar holidays offer wonderful excuses to spend time with the people we love. Here are 10+ ideas on where to take a special Dad (or Grandad) in Boston to celebrate Father’s Day. Father’s Day 2017 update: Heritage Museums and Garden in Sandwich on the […]
Birthdays should be about special experiences with your loved ones and Boston is never short on things to do. Finding an activity to engage multi-age kids is a challenge, however, but I take it on happily, For my son’s recent 18th birthday celebration I came up with the following “water-themed” evening in Boston Harbor: water-front […]
This post has been updated for 2017! While my favorite New England season is summer, fall comes very close second. With an ever time-consuming summer pass time (the beach!) no longer factoring into our weekends, there is time to appreciate many other outdoor celebrations in New England – within a short drive from Boston. Here […]
Fall means so many beautiful things in my beloved Berkshires of Western Massachusetts. Among them – an Annual Fall Festival of Shakespeare – which is coming to Shakespeare & Company on November 16-19, 2017. I hear the house is going to be packed during this “rock concert of Shakespeare” (according to WBUR Radio Boston) – […]
December -with its month-long celebration of several holidays, is my kind of month. This is what has been on our December Holidays list over the years (all links and dates updated for 2017: First December weekend was about tree lightings and holiday street marches – as far as Stockbridge (the Berkshires) and Kennebunkport (Maine) to […]
I LOVE planning complex itineraries for long vacations, but sometimes life gets in the way, making vacation planning difficult or altogether impossible. Yet, a weekend road trip escape a couple of hours away from home is easier to accomplish than a longer trip requiring an air travel. And don’t underestimate what a WEEKEND can do to […]
I love it when Boston Ballet has two rotating productions for us to enjoy (and appreciate versatility of the dancers!) This spring we are treated to the Parts In Suite mixed program of contemporary choreography and the full-length classic of Romeo & Juliet (music by Sergei Prokofiev, choreography by John Cranko); both ballets are running […]
Whether you are an applicant or a parent of a high-schooler, chances are – college application process is something you both may want to forget soon. College road trips on the other hand could leave a lot of positive family memories. Although this concept was foreign to me in the beginning of the process, I […]
For me, attending Boston Ballet’s performances is not only about admiring one of the leading and oldest American ballet companies, but also about spending time with my loved ones. I carefully “plan” my Boston Ballet season by choosing which family member I will invite on which ballet outing with me. I shared Romeo & Juliet with […]